View Single Post
      03-09-2020, 06:48 PM   #92
2020M2Competition
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Fab View Post
I do have one complaint/desire to change: My brakes are great, no issues (Pagid yellows), would just like something a tad more "personalized".

They stop well, have good modulation, blah, blah. What I'd like, though, is a bit more pedal meaning I wish it would stiffen up sooner in the throw and have a more solid feeling.

The pedal has a soft zone when initially stepping on it and then once it gets into the braking area of it's throw, it's on the softer side with a tad more travel than I'd like. Gives me a mushy feeling with less modulation feel than I'd like.

I'd prefer a slightly stiffer pedal with less throw - What'd I'd do in my off road stuff to solve this would be to up the piston size in the master cylinder and change the ratio between the pedal and the pucks along with adjust the pedal throw and where it enters the brake pressure zone.
If you haven't already, I strongly recommend installing stainless steel brake lines and/or making absolutely sure there is no air in the hydraulic system

My brake pedal is now very firm, but it took the stainless lines and a couple of bleeds to get there

Since the brake and clutch share the same reservoir and the car uses a sophisticated ABS/DSC system, there are lots of places for air to hide

Anyhow, it made a huge difference for me
Appreciate 1