View Single Post
      05-30-2018, 03:58 PM   #85
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusT View Post
Very curious what hot pressures you ran. Some r-tires, like Dunlops Direzza get really bad tramlining with slightly high pressures.

Also, did you have even wear or extra wear on the tire shoulders?

Edit: reread earlier posts :-) You have more optimal rim widths My 9" up front with 265 is.. not optimal. And your10.5" with higher ET is a very good idea. Why go from 30 to 35 though?
I tried hot pressures from 32-42psi. 38-40psi felt the best. Seems high, but I had a few people that run the Trofeo R’s confirm they like higher pressures. The tires tramlined no matter what pressure I ran them, and I actually run a tiny bit toe in since it’s mostly a street car for me.

Wear was pretty even, but it looks like I could go with a little more negative camber in the front. Will probably move to -3.0 from -2.75.

They don’t make 265/30 & 295/30 in the other tires I mentioned. Also, my car is still relatively soft with the Dinan coilovers and the sidewall stiffness of the 30’s didn’t match the spring rate of my suspension, so felt a bit disconnected. Super quick turn in with the springs catching up... So, 35s may be a better setup for me.

Lasty, I would trim the rear bumper/fender tab. It looked like to me it’d rub the tire under compression.

Last edited by ZM2; 05-31-2018 at 04:42 PM..
Appreciate 0