View Single Post
      06-19-2022, 11:01 AM   #71
StickyPickle
Captain
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyPickle View Post
Just saw this thread. Currently own a 2022 M240i xdrive and first on a waitlist for the G87. Been spending a lot of time recently researching (what's available) the Emira. Now I'm a little torn and not sure.

Emira positives

- Absolutely gorgeous and will turn a lot of heads
- Very exclusive
- intoxicating exhaust sound, especially after tweaking it a bit
- hydraulic steering
- updated interior over the Evora w/ better tech
- mid engine
- curb weight

Negatives

- A bit lacking in raw performance (assuming it performs the same as the Evora 400 since they're virtually identical in weight and engine output)
- Lack of dealer network/support. Closest one is several hours away (Philadelphia is getting one in 2023 which would 2 hours away). They're are some shops not far that work on them.
- no rear seat or frunk (not a deal breaker)

I've been looking forward to the G87 as I see it as the more practical car while still being able to provide thrills on the road but the Emira is really making it hard. I'm sure the G87 will look nice and should perform a tad bit better than the Emira but it sure as hell won't look as good. I think how the Emira looks, will drive and the exclusivity of it is what is really attracting me to it.

If price was equal, I'd pick the Emira without thinking twice. Talked to a dealer and of course first editions are all spoken for but the waitlist for base cars isn't bad. In all likelihood, the Emira base V6 will probably end up costing roughly around 20K or so more than the G87 after both are specced. Just have to decide if it's worth it….
Well judging by some of the early reviews, doesn't seem like the Emira is even on par performance wise with the Evora 400. Sounds like it has gained weight due to the cabin upgrades as well.
Appreciate 0