10-07-2018, 10:18 PM   #20
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Yes. Sport Plus is "HELLO WORLD LOOK AT ME I'M HERE. AND I'M IN MY SPORTS CAR." at volume setting 11. "DID YOU HEAR ME?".
+1

I've also used Bimmerlink to keep the exhaust flaps open all the time, which just makes it crazy loud.

This morning, there was this construction worker on our street rockin' a ZZ Top look. He was standing pretty close to my car surveying the sidewalk or something. My wife was also nearby (gardening) and, apparently, when I started up the M2C, he kind of jumped a little, and then turned to my wife, gave her the thumbs up, and said, "Wow. That sounds awesome."

That's the nice story. The bad story is, the M2C is so loud in Sport+ (especially with flaps open) that one morning when I started up the car to play around with Bimmerlink and Bimmercode, my wife came running out and started scolding me, "Are you out of your mind? Do you know how early it is? Turn that car off right now! You're going to wake all the neighbors!" (Granted I was revving it to 4000 RPM to try out something or other.)

So, yeah, kind of loud. The car, I mean. My wife too.
Appreciate 5
bri10425937.00
Cavpilot2k1025.00
ChrisM41624.50
Kattanah137.50