View Single Post
      10-05-2018, 08:58 AM   #1
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

My new HS M2C - build thread updated

Just got my car and I have some interesting initial impressions that I haven't read elsewhere.
  • The Steering - significantly improved over my '17. This is not in respect to turn in and response. The electronic steering feel seems significantly improved. In my 2017 the electronic steering was horrible, very poor return to center feel and downright notchy on the highway. I even wonder if there was actually something wrong with it. The new steering has a much more analog feel to it, very close to a hydraulic feel. Really a huge difference. I have heard very few remarks about it. Furthermore, I think the steering wheel is actually THINNER. Someone measure their OG car. I'd love to compare, but I think the circumference of the rim is smaller. Actually an improvement to me, because I think BMW went to far in respect to making their rims too fat.
  • The suspension - Some have speculated about a slightly smoother ride due to the increased weight. I doubt that's the case, but I agree that the ride is different. I would speculate that the shock valving has been changed ever so slightly. I would even venture to say that if the part number is unchanged, it doesn't mean they changed the dampers and sell them under the same part number. The increased weight argument doesn't make sense because you add more weight than the difference simply by adding a passenger.
  • Doors - They close differently. Seem to seat better than the prior car. Perhaps it was just my prior car.
  • Trunk - They changed the trunk release. Perhaps this was just an LCI change. The electronic release was changed and it works more smoothly.
  • Exhaust valving - In similar fashion to the OG car, does everyone else notice that the exhaust note is different from Sport Plus to Sport? I thought the valving was on or off, but the difference between these two is very significant. Initially finding that Sport Plus throttle response is too twitchy, but that's only an initial reaction. The exhaust note is so much better, I'm keeping it in Sport Plus. I don't notice any exhaust difference in MDM however, unlike in the OG car. Other comments on the exhaust sounds?

Comparison pics with my old car:

Last edited by ryem3; 05-29-2019 at 03:36 PM..
Appreciate 20
Robin_NL8717.00
cptobvious2531.50
ChrisK4449.00
dmboone254972.00
devo755.00
akkando5864.50
BlkSVT388.50
hellrotm4142.50
Poochie9104.50
Davil6524.50
Mavus2031.00