11-13-2018, 05:41 AM   #40
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Isn't Gyeon (from South Korea) one the best products? Maybe he used that? I know lots of places down here recommend it.

http://gyeonquartz.com/about-us/

Funny story though

Koreans have quite a unique culture. So much of the world thinks of "Asian culture". But one country to another can be is as distinct as France & Germany. Also they have dolsot bibimbap. Like a heathen I like to throw my Kimchi into it. So good. It's probably as culturally strange to them as it was once was when I was in London with some customers watching the Chinese tourists mixing up their muesli with bacon and eggs.
Personally I'm not a fan, I like my bibimbap mostly cold with only the warmth of the rice - otherwise it just sticks to the bowl too much. Usually you put your gochujang sauce into it too (the red pepper paste) so that's close to kimchi so at least in my circles it's definitely acceptable lol. And yes, there are so very many differences between Korea, Japan, China, Thailand, Vietnam....etc.

As far as the coatings, yeah I'm not too worried, there are pretty high quality products here, I just don't know a lot about them!