07-22-2019, 07:57 AM   #86
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiss'er View Post
Interesting view. I have been surprised by the number of C8 vs threads. When I first saw the car, then the price, my first thought was "where did they cut the cost on this car". $60k for a 3 second mid engine car? Something has to give, seems a bit too good to be true.

In any case this car will sell well based on the initial marketing. However, the Camaro has proven to be a spectacular car, yet GM can't give them away. I live in a large city and I barely ever see Camaros. There are tons of used Camaros on AutoTrader and the like.

I hope that GM genuinely got this car right, though I can't see myself in one. I heard the new Porsche Cayman GTS is getting the same 4.0 liter motor from the GT4 next year, just detuned to about 410hp. If I find the need for a mid-engined car, that would be my choice
Camaros don't sell because pony car fans are buying Mustangs and Challengers instead for a variety of reasons and high on the list is the fact that most people don't like the looks of the Camaro. The Camaro is proof that if you build the best performance car and saddle it with a poor interior and exterior styling that consumers will gladly purchase better looking alternatives.
Appreciate 4
MystroX56319.00
natmad674.50
cptobvious2531.50
Davil6600.50