View Single Post
      02-20-2020, 06:02 PM   #88
Io
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI DCT LBB

The stock suspension of the M2 is a joke, that’s a fact. The car is never well settled with it, it’s very bouncy from the rear, it twists in corners in a weird way that makes impossible to drive fast and precisely. The M-perf suspension transforms totally the car, solving this critical issue. It’s stiff, but not to the point to make the car unusable on the road. In fact, the car is MORE comfortable with it, as it stops bouncing like crazy at the smallest bump.
BUT, something to keep in mind before buying it for a car used as DD is that coilover bumpers have a much lower longevity than normal ones. I know what I’m talking about. I installed the M-perf suspension on my M2 LCI when it had 5000 kms. One of the rear bumpers broke one year after, after 10000kms. One of the front one just broke after 25000kms. Based on what I could learn from the mechanics of my BMW garage, it’s the normal longevity of KW coilovers whose main recommended use is track, not road. I found similar information on the web.
Appreciate 1