View Single Post
      12-02-2019, 09:41 AM   #54
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
I found MDM mode to be the best in the snow. I ran winters all last year and never had any trouble getting around.

In contrast, we had an early season snow blitz here this year while I was out of town, when I got back, I still hadn't gotten my snows on. I decided to take it out with the MPSS tires on when there was still a bit of ice/snow in my neighborhood. I barely made it out. The MPSS are NOT meant for any kind of cold weather. It was basically like driving on hockey pucks.

Keep in mind I've been driving in Michigan winters the good majority of my life, I know how to handle it.

YMMV
Haha yea. I took my Conti 5P's off once it was consistently below 40F. Definitely felt them slipping a lot more once it got cold, even when the roads are dry. So I know they'd be useless in snow/ice.

So far today it's cold and wet and the car is pretty gripped up even in DSC Off mode. It feels even gripper than driving with the Conti 5P's on a wet summer day.

This is my first RWD car since a Chrysler 300 back in 2006 and I never drove aggressively in that and was only out once in the snow with it, so the possibility of fishtailing is something to get used to. I have a FWD Saab too and that car is so predictable in the snow. When I lose traction, it under steers and plows straight. The M2, I never know how much it's gonna fishtail. It's dependent on weather conditions and how much throttle I give it. So I'm always "testing the waters" to see how much grip I have every time I go out. It's fun though. I'm enjoying the experience of getting to know a new car.
Appreciate 0