Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
We had freezing rain all day today and I'm learning I need to cool it on my driving aggressiveness lol.

Mine is FBO+, so I guess 400hp/460tq at the wheels. Driving in the dry, the car is super gripped up. Much grippier than in the summer with summer tires. But in the ice today, it's definitely easy to fishtail at low speeds. Especially if you give it just a touch more throttle. To the point where it's hard to imagine summer tires being worse than winter tires. So I really don't see how people are saying this car is great in the snow haha.

Although, I have to admit, I'm still running DCS Off in manual mode. If I kick it into auto with sport+ or comfort mode I may see the car handle better on ice.

I'm running 265/35 front and 285/35 rear Sottozero Serie 2 tires, btw. So pretty aggressive snow tires.

I think it's gonna snow tonight/tomorrow so interested to see how it does in the snow, compared to freezing rain.

But yea, so far definitely not something I would want to drive in harsh conditions.

I found MDM mode to be the best in the snow. I ran winters all last year and never had any trouble getting around.

In contrast, we had an early season snow blitz here this year while I was out of town, when I got back, I still hadn't gotten my snows on. I decided to take it out with the MPSS tires on when there was still a bit of ice/snow in my neighborhood. I barely made it out. The MPSS are NOT meant for any kind of cold weather. It was basically like driving on hockey pucks.

Keep in mind I've been driving in Michigan winters the good majority of my life, I know how to handle it.

YMMV
Appreciate 0