View Single Post
      11-17-2019, 11:54 PM   #8
Wattens
Private
Rep
Drives: OG M2, 4C, Bentley GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_lab_rat View Post
Hijacking the thread a bit but I'm really interested in your DV+ experience. Besides the failure has the DV+ performed as well as the Turbosmart?
Don't do what I did and get the DV+ because it was cheaper. It's just a headache and a shitty product.
I mean the Turbosmart and the GFB items operated the same (while the GFB DV+ was working) as there's not much to it, they are both operated by the car ECU and both make a better seal than the OEM.

As the diverter valve requires quite a lot of removing the bash plate cover, a front sway bar and removing a coolant pipe from the water pump resulting in a full coolant flush, ideally a car lift, you'd want the better lasting product in it the first time so you aren't throwing money down the drain trying to access the diverter valve to repair/replace it.

Once you have access to the diverter valve, the major difference is the Turbosmart product used 3 bolts that fit into the turbo perfectly, and it came with the right plug that connects to the BMW wiring.
The DV+ is a similar procedure, except you then pull apart the plastic OEM diverter valve, modify it, then put it back on to the turbo.
Even if the DV+ part doesn't fail, the plastic OEM diverter valve is still just that, plastic and WILL eventually fail again.

My advice is just to get the Turbosmart product installed from the beginning and have the OEM diverter valve sitting in the garage as a spare until it's time to put the car back to stock to sell the car. And then sell the Turbosmart product or take it with you on to your next car.

The Turbosmart product is made of billet aluminum. It even just feels like a well-enginered part.
Appreciate 1