Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Welcome to the M2 market. Some M2Cs still have markups, especially manual ones around the country. With the OG M2, used M2s were selling within 5-10% of MSRP. Don't expect low $50k range for a used 2019 for another year or so. And other than that one dealer in Cali that has too many DCTs in inventory, I haven't heard of any other dealers selling at invoice. Some are starting to give on slight discounts. So either buy new, or wait another year to buy used.
I just don't know how that's possible... these dealers will be sitting on inventory forever; I have watched the same cars locally sit for 3-4 months now... might just bite the bullet and grab new at 3k off.
Well remember that there was a stop sale between April and some cars didn't get addressed until late August. Those stop sales meant that inventory built up. But now it's starting to deplete pretty rapidly. If you look at inventory numbers 2 months ago compared to now, it's lower now. In addition, many of those inventory numbers you find online are not accurate. For example, many capture cars in transit that are not actually on dealer lots and capture cars in transit/on dealer lots that are already customer sold, but their inventory system which updates automatically doesn't capture those variables.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 1