08-12-2019, 08:14 PM   #27
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav3 View Post
Commanderwiggin

What's the deal with install though? Do I need to go through a physical store affiliated to them or can everything be done remotely?

There's a local tuner that supports them, but like 90% of shops around EU, they're only listed as proficient with N55 engines

Hard to trust the work of a tuner that doesn't have certified proficiency with an engine...
You should only purchase Ecutek from the tuner you plan to go through. You pay for the dongle kit which you can only get from an Ecutek tuner. For 03/2019 and newer locked DME's you would need to get the ecu unlocked first. Otherwise everything can be done remotely from the tuner of your choice. I have done everything remotely but I also have a 12/2018 build so I don't have to worry about the unlock.

Across the pond it looks like Litchfield does some good work and imo makes sense going with them if you live over there.

I can only ever recommend to do your own research...know what you want out of a tune and communicate with the tuner prior to making a decision to purchase. Also keep in mind that some of the best tuners are not instagram/facebook posters and generally rely on word of mouth.

A second thought...if you are just the guy who wants a quick one time flash and wants to play around with burbles then the BM3 gang is probably your best bet. If you want something more professional and custom along with true flex fuel support then Ecutek will be a better decision imo.