recycledAlva
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY17 BSM M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMK View Post
My M2 will be my daily driver. It will be garaged at home but maybe outside at work because I may not find a spot in the covered area. My last daily driver was a black 228i with no paint protection, I have gotten 4 visible rock chips in the last 3.5 years, but there are a lot of dents on the radiator. My commute is half city half highway. The road conditions are good except in the mornings, some semis will drive in the left lane and kick up small rocks that will fly 500m back and are impossible to avoid.

Should I get PPF or ceramic coating or no paint protection and polish the car every three years? I am planning to keep this car for a long time if it is reliable enough. Also is there a way to protect rocks from hitting the radiator? Thanks.
Depends on what you're looking for... Ceramic coatings won't protect against rock chips but they'll make cleaning the car a breeze and protect against UV/chemical damage and damage from road salt etc.

PPF would be good if you're looking to prevent the front end from getting pitted/chipped.