View Single Post
      08-07-2019, 07:46 PM   #36
gfisher99
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3, '18 M2, '22 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Monika View Post
I'm happy to hear that at the very least, some of your expenses are recoverable. Have you considered filing a BBB complaint against the shipper. Might be worth a try if they've gone silent on you. Imagine if at least one person reads your complaint and decides to use another company. That's a win win even if it's not money in your pocket.

IND (vendor here) sells an OEM Competition Bumper painted (SKU: IND-M2-RETRO-PKG) with gloss black grill for 2395. I'm not sure if this helps put things into perspective as IND is on the higher end (products and price).

Take care and let me know how things turn out..

Monika (<--- See what happened here CosmosMPower ... )
Here's the rub in regards to filing a complaint about the shipping company - I have only heard one mention of their name from the broker (TAD Trucking). They have absolutely no online presence, so it's hard to know who I am actually trying to report. The car shipping business as a whole really needs to come up to date with technology (like the ability for a customer to track via GPS). Sometimes I think this industry stays in the dark ages for situations like mine. They go and hide and don't have to assume responsibility for their own mistakes.

My last resort will be to attempt to sue them in small claims court. I have all of the evidence (tons of emails/pics/texts) and feel it's all in my favor - just have to decide if it's worth the hassle. My luck, I'd win the case and they'd still not pay up. The shipping company is based out of another city remote to me, so I don't even know if I'd file here or have to file where they are located. Much to research, short on time! I should just call Judge Judy.

Thanks for the tip about iND. I've ordered sooo much stuff from them over the last few years and know their stuff is pricey. Nice to see what a full cost for that item would be so I can gauge repair costs.
Appreciate 0