View Single Post
      08-07-2019, 11:53 AM   #31
gfisher99
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3, '18 M2, '22 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Monika View Post
I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. This is truly a difficult situation given the fact that the selling dealership appears to have severed the relationship. A couple of questions come to mind.

Was the vehicle new ?
Any relationship between the dealer and transport agency (broker) ?
How long was the vehicle in transport ?
We're you able to track the vehicle via GPS (I bet the shipping company did) ?
Was an inspection report provided to you by the shipper (pre/post delivery) ?
Did the dealer inspect the vehicle prior to transport ?
Any complaints filed with the BBB (shipper; dealership) ?
Did you retain the web photos of the vehicle (to prove it's condition) hosted by the dealer ? Can you still acquire these ?
Mileage recorded prior to and after shipment ?
Was the agreement to deliver the vehicle direct to residence ?

Realizing that both entities are 'ghosting' you at the moment, I'd persist using all means available to you. We live in a digital age and there is most definitely some information somewhere regarding this vehicle.

Sometimes it's easier to just give up and get the vehicle corrected and move on. However, it's a matter of principal to me which is why I'm so cautious in situations such as these. We sold our previous vehicle to a private (out-of-state) seller and not only had a local dealership inspect the vehicle but also required that the shipping company provide an inspection as well. This all occurred and we observed the shipping company pull the vehicle onto a flat bed basically damaging the exhaust tips. We made sure it was noted on the document and we immediately sent photos to the buyer in the event this information was "misplaced".

///Monika
Thanks for that -

The M2 is a 2018 with 6500 miles on it. Other than the bumper being repainted by the shipper, the car was 100% immaculate. I did not get any pre/post inspection documents from the shipper. In fact, the guy literally left me there with the car without me even signing anything, which I thought was odd.

The dealership (BMW of Southpoint in North Carolina) was really good about helping me try to get restitution from the shipper, however, they were not successful. The broker got involved as well, but they also got zero response from repeated attempts at contacting the shipper.

In the end, the broker agreed to not invoice the BMW dealer for the shipping I paid and the dealer ended up cutting me a check this week for the shipping cost. I will use those monies (plus some of my own, I'm sure) to get it repaired and over with.

The only thing that bothers me is that the shipper just went silent after I provided them proof and in the end they get away with it. The broker says they are refusing to pay the shipper, so I guess they are out a little money, at least. They have been black-listed by the broker now and claim they have also told all of their partner brokers about it and asked them to do the same.

All that being said, I have seen a lot of people on forums talking about getting their bumpers/hoods, etc re-sprayed. What do you guys usually see for a cost on this? The one estimate I got claiming the bumper needing to be replaced seems like the ultra-high end of the spectrum at $2100.
Appreciate 0