View Single Post
      08-07-2019, 11:30 AM   #30
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
So, Monica, it sounds like you are getting the car repaired at no cost to you, so that's good. Sure, you may have to pay a few hundred for the PPF, but that's peanuts compared to what could have been, so I wouldn't sweat it.

As for diminished value, that's usually after a car has been in an accident and body panels have been repaired or replaced and maybe a bit of frame straightening, and of course paint work. All of that diminishes the value of the car.

A small spot repaint (which we all know is often done without our knowledge and when done right - like at the VPC - is usually done without future detection) is no big deal and really won't affect the future value of the car. It may not even show up in the Carfax.

I suggest that you do not pursue a DV claim, because a) you won't win and b) you'll just annoy BMW, and they'll be less likely to help you out if something else comes up.

What I do suggest is that you keep all the paperwork, pictures, etc. documenting that it was a very minor paint defect that was repaired. This way you can show any future prospective buyer that it was not caused by an accident and should therefore not diminish the value of the car in any way.

If the shop does remove some of the PPF and doesn't replace it, then it would be reasonable to nicely ask BMW to cover the cost, but I wouldn't have high hopes.

Best of luck.

It won't show up on carfax unless there was a police report, or insurance claim reported.
Appreciate 0