View Single Post
      08-05-2019, 01:39 PM   #26
///Monika
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 M40i & '18 M2

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. This is truly a difficult situation given the fact that the selling dealership appears to have severed the relationship. A couple of questions come to mind.

Was the vehicle new ?
Any relationship between the dealer and transport agency (broker) ?
How long was the vehicle in transport ?
We're you able to track the vehicle via GPS (I bet the shipping company did) ?
Was an inspection report provided to you by the shipper (pre/post delivery) ?
Did the dealer inspect the vehicle prior to transport ?
Any complaints filed with the BBB (shipper; dealership) ?
Did you retain the web photos of the vehicle (to prove it's condition) hosted by the dealer ? Can you still acquire these ?
Mileage recorded prior to and after shipment ?
Was the agreement to deliver the vehicle direct to residence ?

Realizing that both entities are 'ghosting' you at the moment, I'd persist using all means available to you. We live in a digital age and there is most definitely some information somewhere regarding this vehicle.

Sometimes it's easier to just give up and get the vehicle corrected and move on. However, it's a matter of principal to me which is why I'm so cautious in situations such as these. We sold our previous vehicle to a private (out-of-state) seller and not only had a local dealership inspect the vehicle but also required that the shipping company provide an inspection as well. This all occurred and we observed the shipping company pull the vehicle onto a flat bed basically damaging the exhaust tips. We made sure it was noted on the document and we immediately sent photos to the buyer in the event this information was "misplaced".

///Monika

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfisher99 View Post
At least you have some recourse with the dealer. I am not so lucky.

I bought mine from an out of state dealer and had it shipped to me. Somewhere along the shipping process, the shipper decided to re-paint my front bumper and did an absolutely horrible job. There are multiple runs in the paint and over spray everywhere.

I basically have no recourse because the shipper is denying they did anything. I got a quote to make a full repair, which was to replace the front bumper cover, emblems and reflectors, paint, install, etc. The quote is $2100. They claim the cost to properly repaint the front bumper is same cost as replacing since they have to sand it down to bare plastic so the paint does not become too thick and crack later.

Shipping company will not respond to me, the shipping broker or the dealership I purchased from. It's pretty frustrating.

The shipping broker has agreed to not bill the dealership for the shipping who can then give that money over to me ($800), but that's the extent I am going to get, it seems.
Appreciate 0