View Single Post
      06-26-2019, 05:45 PM   #1
jessetaylor1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 AW LCI

I've had it with the noises this car is making...

So I just got my 18 M2 back from BMW after they had it for 2 weeks to fix a dashboard noise and clicking in the clutch pedal. Either I have the worst luck with this car or I'm just neurotic. I don't know.

My local BMW dealership has had this car for over 3 weeks at this point in and out for a few issues. Car is 1 and a half year old, 13,500 miles.

1. Driver sun visor fell out. That was resolved quickly and painlessly.

2. Biggest headache of all. Dashboard rattle that they couldn't seem to figure out what it was. They have taken the dashboard, A pillar, and driver side door out multiple times over to finally I think find it. They've felt taped what seems to be everything, replaced AC vents, door handle, etc. This was said to be fixed a couple times, just for me to bring the car back again and again.

3. One of those times I am leaving the dealership after the rattle has been "fixed" and a technician or someone accidentally tore a 2" gash into my steering wheel. Oh well, guess I gotta come back and have them replace that. They did after it took a few days to arrive. No biggie.

4. And just this time after the 2 week period of having the car with them, I think the dashboard rattle is resolved, and the clutch pedal was replaced. I think I'm good. I'm happy. Oh, what's that? Another gash in the steering wheel! Are you serious? LOL

5. Now, I'm hearing a knocking sound twice so far after picking the car up in what seems to be the driver front suspension going over big bumps. What could this be?

I don't even know what to do. I feel like stuff just keeps coming up with this car and I'm at a loss for what to do. I was already on the phone with BMW NA (which happens to be down the road from my house actually) prior to this last time dropping the car off (the 2 week period) and they said just have the dealership look at the noise again. Do I call them again?...

I don't know...

End Rant.
Appreciate 0