Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevM2 View Post
So is a slightly used M4 a better car (perhaps not handling wise but overall for what you get in terms of options and power) than an M2C for the same price?
Of course, it is not fair to compare a spanking new car with a used one. The list of used cars to buy from a value standpoint is a long one.
Well, except that the M4 is a better performance per value and same engine!
I'm not so sure about that....I think ///M is still licking their wounds on the F8x....Not only have they been crucified on the S55 engine and exhaust note but also the M3/4 not being true to their name. They brought out the Comp package and that helped but didn't help the image of ///M. Now we have the CS and the GTS. The jury is still out on if the CS is that much better then the ZCP package. I think the M3/4 F8x generation is just a broken generation.

Remember the M2 was never supposed to happen. Given the success and positive reviews of the 2 series and the 235 they finally made us one after customer demand. Remember 3 years ago when the M2 came out? Wild success and glowing press reviews. Something I think not only woke BMW up but ///M up. Hell we just saw late last week BMW is still committed to manuals as long as the take rate stays strong...given the opportunity I think ///M finally listened and made the M2 what it should have been. (I blame the bean counters for neutering the M2 the first go around)

Too many of the bean counters and execs had their hand in the pot with the F8x.....the M2 competition is finally ///M saying they learned and they are listening and they still have it in them to make cars WE WANT.
What Sports Sedan would you buy over an F80?
Better yet, with a 6MT?
See my signature!

I've fallen into the exact category that BMW created. I think the F8x had too much F30 and "surveys" put towards it. I'm not denying the performance aspects of the M3/4 because they are there but you also can't deny the fact the F8x has been very controversial. I think everyone agrees the performance is mostly there, but they dropped the ball and the M2c is M saying to the world "they can still make a car"

M235i 5/1/2015 ED July 8th @ 4:40pm with PCD Delivery September 9th Gone July 2nd 2018
Appreciate 0