06-13-2017, 05:32 PM   #15
MerlinPurple
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
Comfort keeps me from using the throttle as much, so it would be hard to believe sport is more economical. Sport simply gives quicker tip in of the throttle - I doubt there is any conclusion to be reached about efficiency as a result.
Oh dear.

You say that sport "simply gives quicker tip in of the throttle" yet if you had studied the table in my post you'd realise the profiles adjust a lot more parameters than throttle sensitivity.

True, if we were talking about the E46 M3 we could agree the sport button offers nothing but a more sensitive throttle. There's actually a good argument for preferring SPORT on the E46 M3 for town driving as you'll spool torque quicker but that's a different topic.

Finally, there's a reason why I described the test method in detail - so it can be replicated by others, but sadly not many will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
28-30 on freeway would be nice. My Macan GTS can barely get 20 and that is if I really baby it. Otherwise. 14-16 MPG is where it seems to be happy at
Give the test a go and report back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobat View Post
Please don't measure Sport+. I want to keep believing it has the best fuel economy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Actually, I'm getting 0.1L/100km better economy in Sport+ than Sport.
hahah