04-03-2017, 04:19 PM   #12
MerlinPurple
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
With DCT better comfort as default because you will want to keep rpm low at cold start by early shift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
Exactly. Would be good if your Sport or Sport + choice kicked in automatically when oil temp was optimal.
Well yes you would want to keep the revs low on a cold start - It's habit for me to manual shift when I'm in sport. This is from my E46M days when I had sport on by default and 'always' used manual mode because SMG Auto was awful.

Having sport mode kick in when oil temp is optimal is a nice idea but flawed. Oil temp would require a tap into the CAN or OBD2 port - my main goal is to keep this project simple with minimum wiring. Besides, to have a car shift into sport automatically would be dangerous if you were already in motion (bend, drive thru etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Any vehicles with BDC_Body can remember shutdown mode. Great you found hardware solution for those that also want option.
Thanks Almaretto, I have read many of your posts over at bimmerfest and 2addicts, very helpful!

So I did some research earlier today on the BDC_Body module. If my understanding is correct it can remember ECO, COMFORT and SPORT modes?

I'm struggling to understand which models have the BDC_Body module, the only model I keep seeing is the F15 (X5?) ... and some of those threads go as far back as 2014.

I could understand if the new 'G' generation were the only ones with BDC, but not sure why the F15 gets it and rest F2x, F8x, etc after 2014 do not?

Is it fair to say a modern BMW will either have 'FEM_BODY + REM_BODY OR BDC_BODY' ?

Appreciate 0