SEAT TIME RULES
Major
Rep
Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natek View Post
A little PSA for everyone. Ive been running the clutch stop since day one of owning my car and I would find that sometimes 2nd and 3rd gear would grind when driving super hard. When cruising around town I would also sometimes feel the synchro's struggling to mate the gears(this particular feeling would happen from 2nd to 3rd). I have since backed off the rubber washers, from 3 to 2 and again from 2 to 1 and it seems to have fixed it. Kindof a bummer because it's a noticeable difference but then again, the clutch was designed to perform within a certain tolerance...
What Natek is hearing and feeling is premature syncro wear due to an aggressive setting with the clutch stop.

When I ran my 98M3/4 in Solo II BSP I had a clutch stop that I thought I had setup "just right".

Over time (2-4 yrs) I started having more and more trouble shifting from 2nd to 3rd in Solo II events. Sure enough when I had the tranny inspected that syncro cone was a mess. I swapped my entire tranny out for another used one and then reset the stop much closer to the floor.

Over that long period of time the little bit the throwout bearing was not totally disengaging the clutch caused this wear on the cone.

So be conservative with the setup! And I loved the Clutch Stop as well

YMMV,
HAZMAT
My 2020M2C Build: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1696726
Appreciate 2
M2guru406.00
M2OG400.00