No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C Hockenheim 6sp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by starvmarv View Post
After a month trying to get PERL to ship, I never got through to them. I used a company called MyGermany (https://mygermany.com/) and paid them a percentage to place the order for me. After payment it took 20 days for the item to finally arrive at my door steps. Best of all, I didn't have to pay the 19% VAT. My TOTAL COST (includes price of the lip without the 19%VAT, plus 10% of the item cost to My Germany for their service, and UPS Global Express Shipping from MyGermany warehouse to my US home) my total came to a grand total of $590 USD!
*Please note, I used my Travelers credit card which does not charge me for foreign transactions. If your bank card charges for foreign transaction fees then PayPal is also an option. Additionally, the exchange rate changes from day to day. I personally was not charged any sort of importation, duty taxes, nor brokerage fees by importing into the U.S. using UPS Express Saver, but there is no guarantee that you won't get charged an extra fee from the shipping company.

Item arrived with the box pretty beat up, but the contents inside of it were all safe. That said, of course the instructions were all in German; I used google translate and fine tuned the wording (plus a few notes per my personal installation experience). I have attached the English instructions in PDF format to this thread.

Fitment is perfect and the quality of the lip is jaw dropping.

INSTALLATION NOTES
1. Installation was pretty straight forward, but the A points (per the instructions) were the biggest pain in the royal rear end. At point A where you drill in, there is zero space to put your hands let alone a wrench. PERL gives you a flat "wedge" tool to hold the U-Nut in place when trying to tighten the 5 provided machine screws, but it took an hour just to get the darn things to aligned.

2. The two final provided black Torx screws (hole E in the instructions) need to not only screw into the bumper, but must also screw through the black plastic part that is behind the bumper, otherwise the screw will push up on the plastic part, push down on the bumper, and you will not be able to screw one of the OE screws back into the clip.

Overall it took me 3 hours to complete the job. It's on there tight and it isn't going anywhere (I am not worried about it flying off at high speeds).

Fellas!!!

I am trying to order the Perl Carbon front lip and side skirts via mygermany.com

I tried using the 'my concierge' service and have them process the order. A couple of questions:

- how would I avoid paying the 19% VAT tax? The price includes this fee
- secondly, I cant seem to pay for the order: I added the items in the myCONSIERGE, but I cant get to the payment screen. I can select a CC or PayPal but neither option allows me to enter the data...

I troed Edge and Opera browsers...