No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C Hockenheim 6sp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo 335i View Post
Awesome. You may or may not know the answer but will this be available in Bimmercode too?
When I initially asked the developer if 'exhaust burbles can be turned off in BimmerCode', he said he could implement it in BimmerLink. This is a tell-tale sign of differences in how BCode and BLink talk to the DME, or at least in their implementation. Although there is some commonality between them, since ASD can be turned off via either one...so short answer is that I don't know for sure. But the developer is extremely responsive, so email him with your request. If he gets enough of them (and I think he will given the interest on this thread) he may just make it happen if it's technically feasible.

Anywho, I can confirm that burbles can definitely be easily turned off via BLink, I just need to do more extensive tests over the next few days to see if state changes remain permanent once the engine is turned OFF and without the Veepeak dongle plugged in and actively communicating w/ the BLink app. My ultimate goal is to "set it & forget it"...if you ever heard the E46 330ci engine/exhaust notes, you'd know what I mean, it was one sweet sounding machine. Now my stock M2C is dang-close to that. I wouldn't be surprised if this would become one of the most used/wanted feature in BimmerLink, as I can't stress enough how much cleaner the overall sound experience is without the burbles.

**Again, this is a personal opinion and in no way I'm downplaying those who prefer the deceleration pops...they do sound cool and mean in their own right, just for me they mask whatever engine+exhaust action is going on**

Now: should I get the full Dinan exhaust (from the downpipes onward) or wait for the AA equal length mid-pipe? Unsure if there's a price set yet for the EL AA midpipe, but it should be less than a full exhaust piping.
Appreciate 2
CSBM52722.50
CKr27.00