View Single Post
      08-13-2020, 10:42 PM   #75
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C Hockenheim 6sp

Garage List
So, this evening I received my Veepeak OBDCheck BLE dongle; plugged it in and easily connected it via the BimmerLink beta version that Stephan sent.

It WORKS, and it works flawlessly given my short tests - definitely the exhaust burbles upon throttle liftoff are removed. I can now say that I can hear the engine winding down upon deceleration or in between shifts (my M2C is a manual not DCT, and I definitely benefit from not hearing the burbles when shifting gears - when on, they just overpowered every engine and exhaust notes). I couldn't be happier, the engine and exhaust notes are cleaner, everything sounds just unobstructed.

I SIMPLY LOVE IT -- Fantastic Job Stephan! Everything took barely 24 hrs to implement, from the moment I emailed him with a request to this evening's tests. Now that's TOP NOTCH support!

The attached crappie mobile phone videos (sorry about the quality) are taken in my garage just this evening; didn't want to rip open the throttle as it was past 21:00 hrs and neighbors would have killed me.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...20?usp=sharing (edit: both video clips were taken with Sport+ mode, engine fully warmed up)

Highlights/Cliff Notes:

1. engine + exhaust notes are cleaner, unobstructed by the burbles. Without the burbles, I could hear what was happening under the bonnet and behind me. Before this, I had no idea how much the burbles covered up most of that action (especially in Sport+ mode)
2. Primarily tested in Sport+ mode, ASD and Exhaust Flap ON
3. My '19 M2C is 6 speed, with everything STOCK, even the exhaust.
4. The feature that was implemented in the BimmerLink to turn off burbles is called "Sound Tuning"
5. Change seems to be permanent - the car's ECU seemed to retain whatever changes I made, even after I disconnected the Veepeak and the app (stopped by the grocery store - burbles remained off when drove back home)
6. The car threw NO ERRORS
7. For some test samples, I kept the dongle connected to the car so I can make changes on the fly and test back to back: burbles ON vs. OFF. I can say without a doubt that I very much prefer the car without the burbles. To me they just sounded artificial, masking everything else that the engine and exhaust produce.

The Take-away: the car now sounds like my old E46 330ci which I absolutely loved. The resulting sound is clean, guttural, sort of naturally aspirated. A truly gentleman's sports car noise, and that's how the Bavarians should have implemented from the factory.

Thank you Stephan @BimmerLink/BimmerCode - you ROCK!

Edit: the crappie videos above really do no justice...everything sounds x-times better in person.

Bye-bye burbles!!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by No_curebimmer; 08-14-2020 at 09:41 AM..
Appreciate 8