View Single Post
      06-27-2020, 11:41 AM   #42
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoTired View Post
I have 20K on my 2019 M2C. Bsm, manual, exec pack, slicktop. I have had a number of BMWs before this and am a german car fan, previous daily was a C63 AMG. I currently also have an E46 M3. The M2 I cross-shopped against a Carrera T, Cayman GT4, and an M4. For the price, the M2 is a banger dual-purpose car. Yes, the engine noise is ... well pitiful and it is a bit of a porker but it struck the right balance ... even vs the 911T. I've done a few things as this is a dual duty track and daily driver: M Performance coilovers, GC camber plates, Dinan HE+ tune and heat exchanger, Apex EC7s w/Toyo R888R (track only), motul 660, Pagid RSL29 pads (track only).

I am pleased. Am I fully satisfied forever? No. Do I sometimes dream about the GT4? Yes. Is the M2 a GREAT daily and good HPDE car? Absolutely, it's been rock solid on track with a few minor upgrades that really any car would need. Will I keep it forever? No. It's probably gone within the next 24 months for a Porsche.

I have a few slight gripes:

1. Seating position needs some work, It's too high and lacks the thigh pull-out thing.
2. If you're 6' or above the rear view mirror will absolutely block a good chunk of your view.
3. Come on, give me dual auto climate control.
4. M-drivers package is useless minus the speed limiter and overpriced.
5. HK sound system is mediocre. Exec package wireless charging is a joke that will not fit a larger phone.
6. Needs some track-focused/performance screens in idrive, the HP one is a joke. Give me a screen with tire temps + oil/coolant temps + lap timer.
7. I would kill for a dipstick.
8. Intercharge cooler fill location is wonky.
9. 2NH brake clearance is wack. I have had two huge instances of rocks getting caught and gouging the inner barrel.
10. Slight body roll on backroads, it really needs the performance coils standard.
11. Front brake pads are a pain in the ass to swap vs the M3/M4s. Having to remove the whole caliper to swap pads sucks if you're regularly tracking a car but don't want to daily noisy pads.
why not cut out the middle man and just buy the Porsche now?
Appreciate 0