10-25-2016, 07:08 PM   #43
3Si
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 M2, 16 Macan S, 08 Elise SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Despite the tone of "you purists" I will answer. For me it was back seat. I have two kids and always wanted an M3. I liked every generation until I was finally going to buy an M car. The e90 was awesome but felt big, heavier than previous ones. I had given up on BMW making a small nimble hard core M car. Then when 1M came out, it was perfect. I had to search and fight to get it without NAV and idrive because dealers were ordering them bloated. So back seat was a must and big enough to hold car seats. Also I was a fan of BMW and the performance based sedans and coupes. The 1M can comfortably carry my wife and kids. For that matter I drove it from Ontario, Canada to San Diego, California with the entire family. Try that in a lotus! : )
Well I totally understand what you are saying because that was exactly the reason I switched from a Lotus to an M2. Having said that, if you are looking for a real purist experience the 1M or M2 just doesn't compare. Wish the Atom or Mono was street legal here...
Appreciate 0