10-25-2016, 05:59 AM   #27
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
VOCAN, you already asked so you want the M2, so do it. Let somone else that truly appreciates it have a shot it it. Two people will end up happy.

I respectfully disagree with the simplified statements that the M2 is 1M v2. Yes but not really. My 1M has an amazing classic cockpit with no nav, no I-drive, large clear beautiful displays. No comfort button, no fake engine noise, no big display blocking the road or killing my night vision. it has a great oil temp gauge and manual seats. It is different and I cannot get an M2 like that. As much as I like the M2, which is a ton, I cannot make the switch due to the sum of all the nonsense and dilution of the 1M formula. It is a better car for sure but with the great chassis and track prowess, it comes saddled with the gadgetry, idrive and fakery that I don't like.
Keep you 1M....sounds as the perfect car for you.

Quote:
The 1M is a truly special car and in BMWs history. It is the last M car and last BMW that was only offered in a manual transmission. The last M car you could get without a comfort button and fakery. There is a reason that still, to this day, editors and even Chris Harris prefer the 1M over the M2 and it's because it is something special.
True...but if you want to own the last pure M car..? In my opinion you should have a BMW M with a NA engine and maybe even a NA six cylinder engine. The 1M is the first modern M car with a turbo in coupe shape. Indeed the last one with manual transmission only and last M coupe with hydraulic steering. Awesome car and 1M is more special then a M2.

Quote:
Being special is also a curse for some, namely me. Because I know that I could never buy another M car without iDrive, screens, fakery, etc. I worry a lot about my 1M and this is probably the top reason to sell the 1M and get an M2. It is not special and that is a good thing. It will do everything you want better or mostly as well without the burden of a special car that cannot be replaced. If BMW would've offered a no nav, no idrive, no fakery, manual seat version with an oil gauge I probably would've gotten M2 so I can drive it with abandon. So if you are like me and stress about the 1M, then sell it and get an M2. Best wishes!
My 2006 Z4M is the last BMW M car with the iconic NA S54 six cylinder. I love that I still own it and I have zero reasons to sell it. It's a unique and special car and also my first proper M car. I would worry that if I sell it, i would miss it a lot (even with a M2 in my garage)...so I have zero plans on selling my Z4M and I'm keeping it to drive and enjoy it. You worry that you own your 1M...I would worry that I don't own my Z4M

Why stress about a car...if you enjoy it, keep it, drive it and it's nice that it feels special and unique to you... It sounds like your car is not insured if something happens or is the 1M a financial burden? Strange that you say; you could never buy another M car without iDrive, screens, etc. It's true they are not going to build another car like that! But this is also the top reason you want to sell your 1M. When you sell it, you will also lost it and don't have it anymore. I just don't get it...but if you love your 1M...keep it and enjoy it. You can always buy a M2 any other day in your life.

Last edited by Franzino; 10-25-2016 at 06:05 AM..
Appreciate 0