View Single Post
      10-25-2016, 05:36 AM   #26
1mm2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I ordered my M2 a year ago and let go of my 1M. I explained why (see this thread).

As you can guess, in the end it all comes down to a personal choice. You know best what your priorities are in the current stage of your life.

Both cars have their own character: 'The Wild One' (1M) versus 'The Mild One' (M2). As I wrote in a comment: if the 1M is rock 'n roll, then the M2 is jazz. Both got soul, but in a different way. Kinky (1M) & Cool (M2): I love both (see some general impressions here and here).

The M2 with M Performance Exhaust kills the 1M in the sound department (listen here).

As a daily driver, the M2 will very likely suit your needs better - it's less nervous than the 1M, more indulgent. And if you gotta convince your significant other: the M2 is safer (more compliant/planted) than the nervous 'ants in the pants' 1M. At night the 'High Beam Assist' of the M2 swivelling around the road and 'wrapping' cars with its wall of light is a pretty cool feature too (advanced compared to the HBA of the 1M: see here). Furthermore I'm also pleased with my sunroof (eat your heart out, USA market ).

Hard to fault the M2. Though the analog dials of the instrument cluster can sometimes be pretty dark in overcast conditions. BMW M screwed up on that feature (see here).

For the rest: 1M keeps good value as collector's item with demand still going strong. The M2 will fare well on the resale market too in the future, but not as extraordinary as the 1M. Your low mileage 1M is worth its salt ...and even more. Many enthusiasts want to get their hands/claws on one.

I deliberately went for 6MT (to keep a bit of the 1M look 'n feel). I also wanted Mineral Grey as it's more understated, bit more like a business monster. The Valencia Orange color of my 1M - which I loved - unfortunately caught a bit too much attention wherever you move through traffic. For the rest: I ticked all options and also threw in some M Performance parts.

As I wrote: speaking for myself, happy camper in Camp M2 - got no regrets.

MY 2018 = a mild cosmetic face-lift for the 2-Series, including the M2 (especially lights). But hey... all you want is *now*.

Cheers,
-A-

Those are awesome pics.

Please stop making it more difficult for me...
Appreciate 0