View Single Post
      01-24-2020, 11:50 AM   #92
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

I'm just sitting here in the cheap seats with a bowl of popcorn, but I have to say that it's a pass..... no, a HARD pass..... for me for any tuner that doesn't produce clear, *reproducible* analytics on their tuning/product.

And yes, I'll be in the market so I'm watching this with great interest.

Anybody can say "We used unicorns and rainbows in our secret-special-proprietary way and were able to go from 400 hp to 600 hp without a single change to any component-- and we did it on pump gas."

Ok. Great! That's amazing! Put me in line! And, do you accept the souls of leprechaun's or unicorn pelts instead of credit cards?

Seriously-- what manufacturer goes through all of the time and effort to develop a product/tune for an expensive vehicle but never, ever puts it on a dyno or releases charted hp/tq results?

Even further, how does an "authorized dealer" install the tune without ever putting it on a dyno? They're easy to find, and relatively inexpensive-- certainly in comparison to what the tune costs.

If it was my car, I'd want to see clear, analytic results-- if for no other reason to know what I'm paying for (leaving aside such things like hp/tq shifts, flat spots, peakiness, etc).

It makes no sense, so color me confused.

But, for the moment (and I suspect moving forward), Noelle's off of my list of tunes to consider for my M2C.

R.
Appreciate 3