Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgmt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRed View Post
Since Apple CarPlay is free now why does it still show up in Connected Drive for $300?

When will this change or what's the proper way to get it activated for free?
It will show up for $300 in ConnectedDrive because BMW has not made it free for all BMW cars. They've only made it free for 2019+ cars. In addition to this, they are making it "free" by adding the 20 year $300 plan for free to eligible cars. Maybe the website will be updated and clarified in the future or maybe it won't (as once the rollout is complete the only cars that would show the purchase option would be those who weren't eligible for this shift).

As has been said so many times it is sounding like a broken record...

If you have an eligible car and don't yet have CarPlay enabled for free then just wait a few more weeks and you should have it. No need to call anyone or do anything. It will just show up. If you have an eligible car and recently paid you can contact BMW about a refund and some have been successful on this front.

If you have a 2018 or older then you may end up paying for CarPlay as these cars weren't mentioned as part of the shift in strategy. That may change, but as of right now it is only for 2019 or later.
Not true.

My car is a 2018 and CarPlay is now free.
Let's be careful about what country we are identifying from here. How different countries identify model years and what features bmw offered is different.
Car play provisioning via connected drive means your car is CarPlay ready. If it is you get it for free.
That doesn't appear to be entirely accurate. For instance I have a USA 2018 Model year 4 series,
-I can order carplay for $300/240 months via connected drive
-I do not have the option for an annual subscription
-for my car when new, carplay was a flat $300 yes/no option, not the subscription service.
-As has been discussed a few times in this thread and from the materials bmwna has passed along it looks like only the subscription cars are getting it free. Essentially they are just ending the subscription service

If you have any evidence this is not that case please share... believe me I want it free.
Appreciate 0