United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog26372 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissy View Post
I am having a hard time if I should use Apple Car Play or the default BMW way. Can someone give me some con/pro? I know I don't like the navigation layout of the Apply Car Play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissy View Post
I am having a hard time if I should use Apple Car Play or the default BMW way. Can someone give me some con/pro? I know I don't like the navigation layout of the Apply Car Play.
Apple car play allows you to use Waze or Google Maps for navigation which are constantly updated vs the more sporadic nature of BMW map updates. Alerts for construction, cops, red light and speed traps
Waze is a huge benefit, but I also love the texting feature with CarPlay. It will tell you when you get a text and read it to you, then ask if you'd like to respond which you can do verbally without ever taking your eyes off the road. As for negatives the Bluetooth CarPlay does have some inherent lag in pretty much everything it does. I'm not a huge fan of the music play back via wireless CarPlay and I find that the local hard drive has much better sound quality.
Appreciate 1
530iDriver1707.50