Private NumNuts
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 GT4

Garage List
TheTurboEngineers (TTE)

TTE460
Manufacturers Description:
TTE460 begins as a brand new standard N55 turbocharger that we dismantle and then set about upgrading and optimising to create our upgrade turbocharger. TTE460 Turbocharger offer great power and spool for the range of N55 vehicles.

The formula to making a TTE460 starts with a much larger TTE billet compressor wheel, chosen because is highly efficient, new generation type with very thin blades, creating extremely high flow for comparative size, giving a compressor map that's very wide. The Re-Profiled compressor cover is machined to a optimized tolerance to ensure maximum compressor efficiency. Also the intake pipe is larger and ported to give a smooth transition for the incoming air flow.

A key part to driving the large TTE compressor and in turn making this unit produce the power advantage over stock is fitting a curved clipped turbine and shaft. This turbine gives lower back pressure and keeps EGT lower compared to stock turbine.

The clipping of the turbine. Clipping reduces blade area thus increasing gas flow and so reducing back pressure and lowering exhaust gas temperatures, allowing safer higher boost level's. This process also gives a secondary advantage of removing some material, lightening the turbine thus reducing rotational mass improving moment of inertia.

Precisely balancing our turbochargers is a key critical factor to become a TTE upgrade unit as longevity and performance are paramount. Good balance improves acoustics also. Subsequent great care is taken with all TTE turbochargers to achieving our balance standards. Firstly parts are balanced at slow speeds up to 2800RPM in multiple planes using our single parts machine, then components are assembled and then the CHRA is dynamically balanced, but this time depending on application at up to 250,000 RPM in multiple planes using our in house VSR machine to acquire the ultimate equilibrium, to a standard far higher than OEM. Each turbocharger is supplied with serial numbered balance test result document.

TTE550
Manufacturers Description:
BMW TTE550 begins as a brand new standard N55 turbocharger that we dismantle and then set about upgrading and optimizing to create our upgrade turbocharger.

BMW TTE550 Turbocharger offer great power and spool for the range of N55 vehicles with Electronic Wastegate, manufactured after July 2013 such as the BMW M2, M135i, M235i, 335i & 435i. Capable of 550bhp+ with the correct supporting modifications and custom tuning.

The formula to making a TTE550 starts with a much larger TTE billet compressor wheel, chosen because is highly efficient, new generation type with very thin blades, creating extremely high flow for comparative size, giving a compressor map that's very wide. The Re-Profiled compressor cover is machined to a optimised tolerance to ensure maximum compressor efficiency. Also the intake pipe is larger and ported to give a smooth transition for the incoming air flow.

A key part to driving the large TTE compressor and in turn making this unit produce the power advantage over stock is fitting a larger 9 blade last Gen. turbine and shaft. This turbine gives lower back pressure and keeps EGT lower compared to stock turbine.

The Larger 9 blade last Gen. Turbine increase gas flow and so reducing back pressure and lowering exhaust gas temperatures, allowing safer higher boost level's. This process also gives a secondary advantage of removing some material, lightening the turbine thus reducing rotational mass improving moment of inertia.

Precisely balancing our turbochargers is a key critical factor to become a TTE upgrade unit as longevity and performance are paramount. Good balance improves acoustics also. Subsequent great care is taken with all TTE turbochargers to achieving our balance standards. Firstly parts are balanced at slow speeds up to 2800RPM in multiple planes using our single parts machine, then components are assembled and then the CHRA is dynamically balanced, but this time depending on application at up to 250,000 RPM in multiple planes using our in house VSR machine to acquire the ultimate equilibrium, to a standard far higher than OEM. Each turbocharger is supplied with serial numbered balance test result document.

Features
Genuine Housings & Components
Highly Efficient Next Gen Billet Compressor Geometry
Optimised Compressor Cover Machining Clearances
Special Curved Clipped Turbine
Genuine actuator
Genuine diverter valve
Dynamically Balanced & Supplied with test result documents
Fitment As Original. Plug & Play
470+ PS Capable on 98ron (TTE460)
550+ PS Capable on 98ron (TTE550)
Designed, Machined & Built by TTE in Germany

Source:
TTE460: https://www.theturboengineers.com/fu...1/25/%3Fi%3D25
TTE550: https://www.mlperformance.co.uk/prod...235i-335i-435i
Attached Images

Last edited by nothingman; 12-04-2018 at 04:08 PM..
Appreciate 3
M-Supra394.50
bentom2335.50
425M270.50