View Single Post
      06-06-2019, 09:23 PM   #1
toy4speed
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m2

My 2018 M2 for B-Street Autocross

Took my totally stock '18 M2 to it's first autocross last weekend, had a blast! It handled better than I expected. A fair amount of roll, but the rear Diff worked great, and the MPSS tires stock did fairly well. It was a hot day, and with 2 drivers the tires got pretty cooked. Slight understeer turned into more significant understeer! It is definitely a fun car for the autocross hobby, and still very comfortable on the street. Really a very easy car to autocross. I did my first run in Sport+ mode, just to feel it. Rest of my runs with DSC off. It was the way to go. Really felt the rear diff activate, lock, put power down.

For this coming weekend, I just added Apex SM-10 wheels, 18x9 30mm offset in front, 18x10 33 mm offset in rear, with RE71 tires square in 275/35-18. Stock wheels/tires should be good for 68 mph top of 2nd gear, so this setup might top out at about 66 mph since the 275mm tires is a bit shorter than stock. For big courses, I might consider the 285/35-19 on stock rear wheels, just to get a bit more top speed in 2nd, probably about 70 mph.

Got the Hotchkiss sway bar kit from Summit. Awesome price at under $500 the pair, and I will only use the front. Similar specs to the Dinan bars, but quite a bit less costly. Weighed the Hotchkiss front bar, it was 10 lbs. The stock bar with the brackets and bushing still attached weighed 9 lbs total. Pretty impressive weight on the Hotchkiss bar, considering its 32mm size, and nice it is hollow, with 4 hole adjustment. Very impressed with the finish, quality, and completeness of the kit. Fit was easy. Will start with endlinks at one hole from the stiffest setting. Anxious to see how it feels on course. Won't have a chance to get an alignment done before the weekend, so whatever the car came stock it is for now.

Decided to stay with TPMS sensors in the Apex wheels, so got some from Amazon for about $110 a set. Pre-programed and just required a standard tire pressure reset on the IDrive. Works fine with pressure and temp showing.

https://www.amazon.com/ITM-Pressure-...gateway&sr=8-6

Some pics of the Apex wheels, 275mm tires front and rear. Lots of clearance.

Really enjoying this car. Everything just fits me. Fun and practical.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
CSBM52695.50