02-26-2016, 06:48 PM   #109
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikernate
I placed my initial deposit of $1000 in November. My dealer told me that I would get the "first or second", depending if the owner of the dealership kept the first. So basically I'm #1 on the list. They called me on Jan 20 and said that we could now place the order in the BMW system. I did, and they charged me an extra $2000. Today, after wondering why my status has been "order documented" (still to this day) I called BMW and they confirmed that my car isn't even scheduled until 3/9 to start production.

Am I missing something? Based on the OP's timeline I wont see this car until second week of May or so (I'm on the East Coast). And this is supposed to be their first car. I'm glad I don't have to wait as long as some of the people here are, but I would have thought that I'd be driving it before then. Were all the first allocation cars supposed to hit about the same time, or does the location/size of the dealer make a difference?
Your order only went into the order bank. Allocations had not been released in January. They are just starting to trickle out now. The cars that have been production the last few weeks are dealer demo cars being sold to customers.
Appreciate 0