United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostriderf80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
I went with Ohlins recommended spring rates which are quite high. So I was a bit worried about the ride quality initially. However, when installed correctly (I'll mention below), Ohlins ride quality really good. I think it's stiffer than stock even with a softer damper setting but I'm happy with it. My M4 had Macht Schnell lowering springs on the adaptive suspension and the ride quality was just horrible. It was too harsh over bumps or road imperfections while not providing any significant handling improvement.

The shop I went with initially adjust the ride height by changing the spring preload instead of using the separate height adjuster. The car was so off balance and I had to take it back in. After reading several forums and consulting with others, I asked them to put everything back to what Ohlins set out of the box. So currently both spring prelod and height adjuster at their default positions (about 1" drop I believe compared to stock). The car immediately felt so different. With these settings, it's so much more planted and not jumpy anymore (the issue I had after the incorrect install the first time). I'm running 15 clicks all around from the full stiff and already loving the improved cornering. However, as I said, ride got slightly stiffer compared to stock but still very comfortable by my standards.

The car currently only has a specific alignment to my liking. It's not corner balanced yet because I'm still trying to dial in the suspension in terms of height adjustments etc. Before my first track day (probably in 2019), I'll get it corner balanced, height adjusted along with a more aggressive track alignment.
Corner balancing will change heights as well. It is something you need to do with alignment and not at separate times. DO NOT delay as it really makes the car handle so much better than you could have ever imagined. ITS A must like fuel is for your car to run.
That's what I said. I currently have a custom alignment without corner balancing. I will be getting a custom track alignment along with corner balancing later this year or early January. There are couple reasons why I didn't and couldn't get the corner balancing (aside from dialing in the suspension). The incorrect install the first time and the time it took to put back to stock setting (1 full day) was kinda disappointing for me. I know how important corner balancing is especially for the track and this time I want to avoid the headache that I had experienced for the Ohlins setup initially.
Appreciate 0