10-25-2016, 01:43 PM   #54
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvega702 View Post
You should be very satisfied with BMW. No car is perfect and If the manufacture knows something was faulty or not to par with quality standards, then good for BMW for issuing a voluntary recall.

I wish on the BMW E46 they would have issued a recall on the cheap plastic xenon headlights, but no I was stuck to fix that myself.

Long story short, if multiple people are not reported dead due directly to the same faulty part BMW doesn't have to do anything. So at least they are doing something about these faulty parts
I get where you are coming from, but absolutely disagree with the attitude.

I shouldn't be happy, they sold a faulty product. If this was anything else - a blender, a pressure washer, a car lift, etc. - nobody would be happy if the product came out of the box broken, needing parts to be repaired right away.

Just because we are all BMW fanboys it doesn't excuse them from putting out a quality product. Things like this do not reflect well on the brand as a whole, and can hamper future sales or repeat customers.

So yes, BMW fucked up and is fixing it (and it's not voluntary, it's mandatory) but that doesn't excuse them from making these huge mistakes in the first place, nor does it excuse its customers from being upset at how the issue is being handled (I've detailed my M2 recall saga before, won't go into it here).
Appreciate 4
flyaway140.50
6ixSpd6034.50
Bolos21.00