View Single Post
      10-09-2020, 07:36 AM   #11
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

I don't know. I'm coming up on 15k miles and I'm deep in a two-year itch phase. When I hit two years of ownership with my last two BMW's, I was sure I wanted to move on. When I'm driving this car during the summer, or just staring at it from most angles, I'm entirely happy with it. But. After a good spirited drive, I consistently have moments of "I should have gotten a manual". The DCT is brilliant but 7 and a half years past my last manual car, with so few manuals still available, the draw is strong. Very strong.

I've put a lot of money into this car (exhaust, the PPF cost, actual payments on the car, a few stereo bits purchased, and the fact that I have three sets of wheels for it) so it's difficult to think about letting it go. And I am absolutely in love with this car's chassis and fun/speed balance. I have near-zero desire for anything faster since I can barely ever use the full power of this car, so that's not an issue.

If I could do an even trade with a manual version, I'd probably do it. As it is, despite the horror show front end, I'm probably going to look at the new M3. One last manual, but with the modern features that wouldn't be there if I bought something manual and used.

Or not. I've gotten annoyed that I didn't get a manual before with this car and I've gotten over it before. I can't discount the possibility that 5 years from now I'll still own this car.

Last edited by bri1042; 10-09-2020 at 07:41 AM..
Appreciate 2
Germanauto9704.00
MikeD943.00