View Single Post
      09-17-2019, 01:46 PM   #159
mcgarnigle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
Thank you for your post, do you have any pictures to share? I just wanted a bit more information here if possible. What is the tire size up front that you are currently running on the car?

This 19x9.5 ET28 and 19x10.5 ET45 fitment is offered as a recommended fitment for the M2C. With the proper tire sizes, this is a great fit on cars fitted with the OEM suspension and many aftermarket suspensions that do not limit inner clearance more than OEM.

We do know that the M performance adjustable collars (manufactured by KW) are a bit bulkier than the OEM suspension up front and can cause clearance issues. For KW and the very similar M Performance suspension systems, we do recommend a small 5mm spacer up front to aid in clearance. As these systems do limit inner clearance on the F87 application.

We generally do not recommend a 12mm spacer on the 19x9.5" ET28 wheel up front as this is very aggressive and can cause issues with fender clearance. I believe that your current camber setting are aiding in clearance here, which makes the 12mm spacer up front possible. Did you have a chance to try the 5mm spacer up front for clearance?

We do know that the 19x10.5 ET45 with the 285/30-19 in the rear is a direct fit, per our fitment testing. So I am glad to hear that your fitment test confirms this, especially the bit about the 5mm test for fun!

- Max
Further update.

First tracktime with the 265/30 and 295/30 r888r. 12mm spacer in front.

There was no rubbing on the spring collars of the mperformance suspension.

There was rubbing on the outer fender liner and on the metal fender lip under full compression (downhill hump while braking and slight turn). Only one 1 corner did this occur. On flat corners, no rubbing.

So even with -3 degrees camber, the 12mm spacer is a bit too much.

Im not confident that a 5mm spacer will be sufficient to clear the spring collar with tire deflection during cornering. I'm tempted to try a 7.5mm or 8mm spacer.
Appreciate 0