View Single Post
      06-09-2019, 07:07 PM   #6
toy4speed
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m2

Just got back from my first autocross in the M2 with the RE71R tires, 275mm square, Hotchkis front bar, wheels as mentioned in above posting.

Warm day, about 85-86 degrees, 2 drivers, smallish concrete surface. Last week I autocrossed the M2 totally stock, on a large concrete surface with impression of some understeer, good turn-in generally, put power down fine.

Today, with the front bar on hole #2 (calling #1 stiffest, #4 softest), the car pushed in a big way. It was frustrating. Couldn't adjust it on grid, no time. Inclined to try on #4 hole next time. Car was much flatter on course, but grip was disappointing.

Now I wonder about the relative stiffness of the Hotchkis bar vs. the Dinan and H&R bars. Externally the dimensions of the Hotchkis and Dinan seem similar, but I have no info on the wall thickness or other factors. All I can say is the front was not a little bit pushy, it was a lotta bit pushy. I guess that's why they call it test and tune

All the tires/wheels had plenty of clearance, especially the 18x9, et 30mm, with 275/35-18 tires. I ran the front tires at 34 psi to 31 psi range. No alignment info, not done yet.

Good thing the sway bar endlinks are pretty easy to adjust (at home).
Appreciate 2
CSBM52715.00