View Single Post
      04-06-2019, 11:50 AM   #149
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tano View Post
It's still at the service. The car itself is fixed, just have to wait couple of days for the paint to dry before reapplying the PPF on the new parts. It should be ready next week so i can use it again soon.

1) Yes i've installed them before my previous track day when I did a full brake fluid change. At the end the bleeding was good and from now on it will be much faster to bleed the brakes after a couple of track days. It works as described.

2) I took an after install pic, it can be found in my 8th post. Yes i trimmed off a little from the edge of the engine cover to make room for the hoses. For the install I used the rear ball pin holder of the engine cover. It can be unscrewed, then i put the OCC holder frame under it. It keeps well.
Damn, that was quick to get fixed! Mine was in an accident Sept 2nd and I didn't get it back until end of February... 6 months at the BMW dealer. Then it had to go back to them to fix the crappy paint job they did. Which still isn't perfect as the factory finish.

Granted my accident was a little worse than yours. It had rear quarter panel damage as well, but nothing that should've taken 6 times as long as your repairs.

Anyway, glad everything went so quickly and smoothly for you.
Appreciate 1
Tano374.50