View Single Post
      06-20-2023, 08:13 AM   #1
theiosdude
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

I finally got us OBD Data in Car Play

Morning,
Im on my 4th F series now, after having 2 M140's, 1 F30, and now the F87, what always annoyed me was the lack of car data, alas, oil temp etc. I go on track alot, and Im also an app developer, so I made us a little something. Appreciate this is a self-plugging post, but the project is live, it's not dead : and id love to gather your feedback on the direction I should look to take the app in. There's a million+1 OBD readers out there on iOS, none that I have found work CarPlay.
So here it is:

Works really well with pretty much MOST Bluetooth OBD readers. You cant use things Like Carly adapter as they are proprietary, has to be more generic.
There's a whole host of available sensors/values we can grab from the OBD, and now that data is visible on CarPlay.

The roadmap has a few little changes, a UI refresh (been making apps 13 years, still not the best with UI design) and then we can start work on session based recording.
Such as, I want to go round Donington, and record these values for my time there, so I can get a min/max/what ever of Oil Temp.
Im going to go home, spend stacks on making improvements to bring the temp down, revisit, and see if there is any change? Quite a large feature set TBH.

Anyway, go grab it, let me know what feedback you have.
App is free until you want to monitor more than 2 values

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ontrac...446315145?uo=4
Appreciate 16
VGSON220.50
M1500Z424.50
bentom2335.50
jefe2000776.50
M2guru409.00
Resoelg258.00
Aeko41.00
MR RIZK757.50