04-09-2018, 05:39 PM   #1
M2guru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Uncontrollable iDrive System

So on my way home, my car started randomly asking me who I wanted to call. Then it started calling people. Then it started playing a variety of music, but it wouldn't play more than a half second of anything before switching to the next. The only way to stop it was to shut off my iPhone. But that didn't stop it, I switched to satellite radio and same thing. I finally switched to FM and then it continued to try to tune into a variety of stations and clicking the speakers for the remaining 10 minutes of my drive.

It took about 5-10 minutes for it to start doing that. After parking the car in the garage and waiting about an hour, I went to check it out and it seemed fine.

Needless to say something is/was messed up with the display or control knob by the shifter. I seem to recall someone else having a similar problem, but I couldn't find it in the forums. If it happens again, I am thinking I will have to make a trip to the dealer. That then makes me wonder if I have to return my HEX Tune to stock...

Thoughts from anyone experienced?
Thanks!
Appreciate 0