Garage List
2014 BMW X1  [0.00]
2008 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantcatchtomm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVIIIR View Post
It definitely looks like running an 18" wheel/tire is the way to go, just by weight savings/rotational mass alone!

Any idea if these top guys were running manual transmissions or the DCT?

Thanks!
A couple of the guys in the B Street Setup thread were there this year so hopefully they can chime in on which transmission. Only thing I saw is that one of the five cars had a sunroof.

I haven't found a single M2 video from Nationals. Only video I've found was this of Ryan Clark (2017 champ in Cayman S) driving a competitors M2. Even with shifting into third on accident and it not being his car, he was only a few tenths off his Cayman S that won that year...
I went to Nat's for the first time this year #66. Quite an eye-opener for sure. I ended up running RE71Rs on stock 19" rims 265/35 front and 305/30 rear. I have the Dinan front sway bar set on the stiffest setting. Turn in on 265'S is great but maybe it would be better on 275's. I'm pretty sure the M2 that finished second was running 275 square. The 265/35 19 rubs the fender liner, but not too bad. No issues with 305 on rear other than they are a bitch to mount. I'm pretty sure everyone was running RE71s.

I'm told I fared ok for my first event. I made some stupid mistakes like missing a shift, so the pressure can be intense the first time. The courses were very different to what I'm used to. Lots of U turn sweepers that we don't see at Devens in MA since we do a loop around an airfield. Not sure if I'll keep the M2 for next year or move to another class. It's a very competitive car though, even against new Caymans.
Appreciate 1