View Single Post
      10-15-2020, 11:28 PM   #10
M FUELED
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

True. But I think I may have found the problem possibly and hopefully. Driving back home from the dealership, I had it on sport+ and would occasionally floor it with no problem other than the lag I’ve already mentioned. Nothing new. That was about a 40 minute drive. I stopped at parents before heading home for about an hour. On my way home, which is about a 20 minute drive, again on sport+ I did a hard acceleration from 3rd to 4th gear(DCT) and heard a loud AF pop which scared the heck out of me because I thought the worst. I tried accelerating to see how the car would react and only the RPM’s would move quickly as if I had it on neutral. The MPH would slowly move, matched by my cars acceleration, a freakin Prius could’ve swooshed by me. I drove about 1 more minute to get to my house. The car sounds a lot louder than usual. Accelerates at speed of about 10% (Don’t quote, me just threw out a random number) of what it should. And check engine light is on. Based on what I just read on a couple of posts on the forum, it sounds like the chargepipe gave out.

I just find it a bit weird that it happened on the first day ever that I take it into a dealership, when I’ve driven that car slow like a grandma and to its full potential with the only “performance” part being the CAI.

Dealership did change out the fuel tank ventilator. I don’t know if this has anything to do with the incident that happened earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
the "diagnostic" you need to do is go back to stock CAI and see if that changes things. That's the easiest thing to do

Last edited by M FUELED; 10-16-2020 at 02:22 AM.. Reason: Grammatical errors
Appreciate 0