View Single Post
      08-08-2018, 10:33 PM   #44
ipeefreely
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM, 2024 M2, 2022 GT3

Alright. I think it's about time to update this thread again. haha.

Hmm... where do i start. Ahhhh... let's see...

7/20-7/25:

My main shop was busy with my other car so i ended up using another mechanic to work on my M2.

Nothing special going on really. I had scheduled a track day on 7/27 to run the full 5 mile course at Thunderhill with the M2 but missed on it because they weren't able to finish installing the roll cage on time. Ended up taking my other car instead, which wasn't my preferred choice. Didn't end up staying too long mainly because the temperature on track was about 105+ and i didn't really feel like pushing my luck. Got a good feel on what my car could do and left early.

Had a friend ask me to go a stage 1 class with him at Sonoma. He just started tracking so i figured... why not? It'd be a good chance to give him some pointers, hang out, and test my car out.

Day started off kind of crappy as I wasn't used to driving the M2 at all. They had us run drills autocross style before they took us out on track and i was running over all the cones. lol. Near the end of the day though as I got more comfortable (and my tires started heating up), I was pushing on the instructor pretty hard. To the point where he had to switch vehicles. Super cool guys and we had a blast dueling it out.
Appreciate 0