View Single Post
      07-20-2018, 02:11 AM   #39
ipeefreely
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM, 2024 M2, 2022 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twt View Post
It's nice to see another "build" being used for track ( versus show) . I am in the south but have driven Laguna once and really enjoyed it. I have been tracking my 17 DCT M2 extensively for the past 1.5 years and the car continues to improve. One difference between our cars is that I went 18 inch square with BFG R1 265/35/18....tried 6 other tires including 275 Hoosier but like this set up best. The 18s reduce unsprung weight and lower the CG. I also changed to Stoptech front rotors for more cooling and less weight with PFC 08 pads, Motul 660 and SS lines. My car continues to surprise a lot of DE snd TT cars. It places second in TT4, even though it's the heaviest car by 500lbs, and outruns most other fully track/trailered cars in its class. The brakes work great and no real fade, especially with DIY cooling ducts. I am one of a very few cars in the red group that finishes a track day and drives the car home after 10 minutes of packing !
I was considering the 18's but ultimately went with the 19's because honestly it just looks better (to me). That and there were some concerns regarding brake clearance.

Are you running the stoptech bbk's up front only? what pads? And any brake squeel?

I've been shopping for a better brake kit for this car as I'm not too content with my current set up. I was considering the Brembo GT's but they seem a bit overkill and at over 7k for front and rear, I'd rather spend the money elsewhere.

Last edited by ipeefreely; 07-20-2018 at 03:36 AM..
Appreciate 0