View Single Post
      07-20-2018, 12:38 AM   #35
dcmac
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 LCI M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
I have begun tracking my M2 and have kept is simple on mods as I drive the car 20,000 miles a year and finding a balance between a daily and track car isn't easy. Did brake pads and fluid as you did and the last 4 days I have done on Cup 2 tires which has been a very nice upgrade. I didn't come from an track prepped S2000 so I haven't been disappointed with performance really. My experience has been 2 day M school, Advanced M school and 90 mins behind the wheel of a GT3 with an instructor and now 6 days of HPDE.

Clearly you have experience but for those who don't have track experience I believe the best money spent is on proper training. Personally I will continue to give up track performance for daily comfort but if I can figure out a way to swap a proper race seat in and out for the track weekends that will be something I will do for sure.
What pads did you go with? Did you change them out yourself?

I tracked my car with stock pads but had changed out the fluid to Motec. To be honest they performed much better than expected but I think I’ll still opt for race pads next track day.
Appreciate 0