akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipeefreely View Post
6/29/18: Laguna Seca track day

So. Much. Fun.

I picked up my car back from Trackspec on 6/28 but due to scheduling conflicts, we weren't able to install any of the mods I have since accumulated. No problem, as the decision was made to run the car stock first. We did get to install pagid RS29 pads and do a brake flush though.

Got to the track and ran purple group with Speed Ventures. This was a low intermediate group and perfect because it allowed me to get a feel for the car. Please note prior to this, I've only driven the car for about 4 hours total. Had to spend some time having to figure out all the modes this car has (btw trying to have the DSC off and sport mode + on is a bit confusing).

My initial impression of the car on the track were not flattering. Coming from a fully track prepped S2k to this car, there was a stark contrast in terms of feel. They were listed as follows:
- Car feels like a boat compared to the S2k.
- Weight is obvious in every corner and going up the straights.
- Higher center of gravity and a lack of a proper suspension system made it feel "floaty"
- The power delivery is different from the S2k. Much better low end than the s2k but at the time, the car didn't feel right due cause I was still adjusting.
- Seats on this car were terrible. By the end of the first session, I had significant bruising on both my knees as I was using them to contain myself in the seat.
- The car could use a brake upgrade. Even with better pads, I was experiencing brake fade coming into the corners.
no such thing as combing modes on the n55 m2. 5 modes. Comfort, sport, sport+, MDM/traction, and DSC off. You can't combine them with the exception of in sport you can change the throttle and wheel to comfort in iDrive, which isn't relevant to track.

Last edited by akkando; 06-30-2018 at 08:58 PM..
Appreciate 0